You’ve likely heard the term “going solar” in your life. Going further, you likely understand that it means a home or business is converting to solar energy. But do you know the steps between choosing to convert to clean energy and actually producing that clean energy? Is the process itself a little hazy, and too much of a pain to try to understand? Maybe you never considered yourself a science person, and you’re sure not going to start now. Well, you’re in luck. A lot of us aren’t science people, either, so we figured there were others out there like us. And…BAM! A Simple Guide to Going Solar was born. Today’s blog is going to line it out, step by step. First, the good news. Here at Shine Solar, we take care of these solar steps for you. Because there are several little details involved, and if there’s one thing we’re good at, it’s taking care of our customers. That means we take care of the process for you, start to finish, and make sure that you’re happy every step of the way. If you’re not, then we’re going to do what it takes to get you that way. Now, let’s get started!
- Education. You request a free solar analysis from us. For this analysis, we ask for a record of your average annual energy usage (easily obtained from looking at your electric bills, or your utility company can send it to you), look at the angle of your roof and amount of sunlight it gets, and talk to you about numbers. If the numbers make sense for you, great! If they don’t, we make sure you know that.
- Decision. Your numbers show that you can start saving easily 20 dollars per month immediately. It’s actually a CHEAPER monthly option to go solar than you were paying to rent your energy from the utility company! And your solar payment will end, unlike your previous electric bill.
- Survey. We conduct our preliminary survey. We want to ensure that what we have proposed for you will work on your structure. For this step, we’ll come to your location, take measurements, look at your roof, and do a shade analysis.
- Permits. We obtain the necessary permitting. In most cases, based upon where you live, we will need to pull a permit, because installation involves electrical work. We will handle this entire process with our in-house master electricians.
- Installation. It’s time to see those panels get hooked up to your structure! In most circumstances, this is a one- to two-day process. We will install the solar array, and tie it into your home or business’s electrical system.
- Inspection. In the circumstances a permit is required, we will request a city or county inspection to ensure we have completed everything to that specific code. This typically occurs within 24 to 48 hours of the completed installation.
- Interconnection. This is it - the big day! A representative from your utility company will come to perform a final inspection, swap out your old meter with a new one, and flip the switch, which means...YOUR SYSTEM IS LIVE!
- Freedom. You’re the captain of your own destiny. You no longer have an energy landlord who can raise the rent without notice. Additionally, from this point forth, you will have your own solar concierge. She will bring you your complimentary Ecobee smart thermostat and 20 LED bulbs to give you further energy efficiency. She will be the one you call with any questions or concerns.
With our 25-year panel warranty and 12-year workmanship warranty, we are in it with you for the long haul. Installing happiness doesn’t mean we stop caring once you go live. This is a long-term relationship, and happiness is our long-term goal. We’re not casual daters…we’re relationship material. Give us a call at 844-80-SHINE, and get started on your path to happiness!
Is solar a good fit for your home?
Find out now!
If you are considering going solar, the first step is to get a solar savings report to determine if solar is right for you and your home. Click the button below to get your solar savings report now!Get Your Solar Savings Report Now!